Web Hosting Terms Of Service
The Terms of Service (TOS) below apply to WebEZ.net LLC Web Hosting services. We have been serving the web community since 1999,. If you have any questions, please contact us.
All services provided by WebEZ.net LLC may be used for lawful purposes only. It is a violation of our Terms of Service to transmit, store, upload or present any information, data or material in violation of any United States Federal, State or local law. This includes, but is not limited to, material for which you do not hold the copyrights or written authorization for its use, material that we judge to be threatening or obscene, material that jeopardizes national security, and/or material protected by trade secret or other laws.
Further, the following content is prohibited on WebEZ.net LLC accounts, as are links to such content:
- Pornography and sex related merchandising, includes sites that may imply sexual content, or link to adult content elsewhere.
- Websites that promote any illegal activity or content or files that may be damaging to WebEZ.net LLC servers or any other server on the Internet.
- Illegal, get rich quick sites
- Hate material
- IRC Software
- Pirated software
- Hacking sites, programs or archives
- Warez Sites
- Distribution of music files or any other material for which the account holder does not own the copyright
- Game Servers (dedicated game server programs)
- Housing of any of the following files is considered a violation of the terms of service:
- IRC, Egg Drops, BNC, or IRC bots to be operated on our servers. Files with references to IRC or any likeness thereof are prohibited, as are programs that act like an IRC server or that provide chat functions that run as background processes.
- Proxies: we do not allow proxy servers of any kind, whether for personal or business use. Files with references to any proxy or likeness thereof are prohibited.
- PortScanning: we do not allow any kind of portscanning to be done on or from our servers.
WebEZ.net LLC will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision. Content that does not meet these standards will be removed without prior notice to customer.
Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless WebEZ.net LLC from any claims resulting from Customer's use of WebEZ.net LLC services which damages Customer or any other party.
Commercial Advertising - Email
No Spam: Sending of unsolicited email (email spam) from our servers is STRICTLY prohibited. While we attempt to be fair, WebEZ.net LLC will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision. This also includes Opt-in/Opt-out mail programs and email that either directly or indirectly references a domain contained within an account at WebEZ.net LLC.
Unconfirmed Mailing Lists: subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Customer must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to or from any WebEZ.net LLC-hosted domain (website), or referencing any WebEZ.net LLC account is prohibited.
Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this Acceptable Use Policy or the Acceptable Use Policy of any other Internet Service Provider, including but not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks is prohibited.
Email address cultivating, or any unauthorized collecting of email addresses without prior notification of the email address owner is strictly prohibited.
Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org is prohibited.
Unacceptable Software and Server Abuse
Use of the following is in violation of our Terms of Service, and shall result in immediate termination of the account:
- ShoutCast Servers - Shoutcast Servers are not allowed due to bandwidth and load issues.
- Background Running Programs - We ask that users request permission before enabling persistent background processes of substantial load.
- PHP Shells or any likeness thereof are prohibited. Files with any reference to PHP Shells or likeness thereof are prohibited.
- Server Abuse - any attempts to undermine or cause harm to a WebEZ.net LLC server or Customer of WebEZ.net LLC is strictly prohibited including, but not limited to:
- Logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access
- Accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for you or your use
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system, subsystem or network
- Tampering, hacking, modifying, or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures without proper authorization
- Transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a computer's functionality or the operation of the System
- Interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any system, data or information
- Interfering with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, by means of overloading, "flooding," "mailbombing," or "crashing" any computer system.
- Setting permissions on your web hosting account that could allow outside parties to upload files that could damage, intrude on or interfere with other websites on the server or the server itself, or otherwise allow outside parties access to the server such that they can install phishing files, shell access files, or other similar files.
You will be held responsible for all actions performed on your account whether it is done by you or by others.
Scheduled Maintenance and Downtime
WebEZ.net LLC will use its commercially reasonably efforts to provide services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Customer acknowledges that from time to time the services may be inaccessible or inoperable for various reasons, including periodic maintenance procedures or upgrades ("Scheduled Downtime"); or service malfunctions, and causes beyond the control of WebEZ.net LLC or which are not reasonably foreseeable by WebEZ.net LLC, including the interruption or failure of telecommunications or digital transmission links, hostile network attacks, or network congestion or other failures. WebEZ.net LLC will attempt to provide at least 48 hours advance notice to Customer for Scheduled Downtimes, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimize any other disruption, inaccessibility and/or inoperability of its web servers. WebEZ.net LLC has no responsibility for downtime resulting from a user's actions.
Limitations on Use, Cancellations and Non-Payment
We maintain the right to cancel web hosting accounts at its discretion.
Any web hosting account using 15% or more of the server CPU or memory will be suspended and/or terminated. Any account that uses excessive amounts of bandwidth can and will be subjected to bandwidth limitation — or, more than likely, we may opt to request that you upgrade your service plan immediately or move your website.
Account Billing and Termination: Web hosting accounts will be billed yearly. We normally will send an email invoice approximately one month prior to the lapse of your yearly account.
Overdue Payment and Termination of Account: Accounts will be disabled or terminated, at our discretion, if payment is not received by the renewal date. If your account has been disabled, you may be charged a reconnection fee of up to $50 in order to re-enable your account. Alternatively, the account may be terminated and all information within the account deleted. If you are not intending to pay for your web hosting account, or if you know that your payment will be late, it is your responsibility to back up your website files to ensure that you do not lose your data.
Refunds: for the sake of convenience, we state our web hosting fees in terms of months (e.g., $25 per month). However, our web hosting fees are based on a yearly payment paid in full. Should you wish a refund for an incompletely used year, see "refunds" below.
Cancellation Procedure: Valid proof of account ownership will be required to terminate an account. This includes, but is not limited to, billing information in the form of a partial credit card number or other payment information, or the billing password. Non-secure information, such as the contact email address or account billing address, is not sufficient as a security verification.
Paying by Check: orders for customers who wish to pay by check will be set up when the check is received and clears our bank.
Parked Domain Names: There is a one-time, non-refundable fee of $15 for parking additional domain names (pointing a domain name to your website domain name).
Courtesy Backup and Services for Customers: all services such as backup and cPanel are provided as a courtesy to Customer. We will do our best to help; however, it is the sole responsibility of Customer to maintain Customer's own backup of any data. WebEZ.net LLC is not responsible for lost data or for lost data due to software that we do not maintain. (cPanel is not associated with WebEZ.net LLC.)
Limitation of Damages: Recovery of damages from WebEZ.net LLC may not exceed the amount of fees it has collected on the account.
30-day Money Back Guarantee: If you wish to cancel your web hosting account within 30 days of ordering it, we will refund your funds promptly, less any setup fee you paid.
General: Refunds will be made for FULL months only. Notice of cancellation must be given before the month in question begins. Setup fee is NON-refundable.
Violation of Terms of Service: In addition to the above, any violation of our Terms of Service Agreement shall result in no refund. This includes, but is not limited to, criminal actions that result in termination of a web hosting account.
These Terms of Service are a legally binding contract between Customer and WebEZ.net LLC. By opening an account, Customer agrees to the above-stated terms.
These Terms Of Service are subject to change without any prior notification, and any changes will be posted here. Anything not listed in the Terms of Service is open to interpretation and change by WebEZ.net LLC without prior notice.
All prices, with the exception of the 30-day money back guarantee, are nonrefundable and nonnegotiable.
Any violation of these Terms of Service will result in termination of the account. WebEZ.net LLC maintains the right to terminate accounts without prior notification.
We reserve the right to remove any account with 15 days prior notice.
Lastly, we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
We've never had a situation where dispute resolution was needed, but a despute between WebEZ.net LLC and a Customer shall be determined by arbitration conducted by the American Arbitration Association pursuant to its commercial arbitration rules. The arbitrator shall decide any dispute in accordance with Colorado law, without the application of choice of law principles. Each party shall bear its own expenses and legal fees for the arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted in Denver, Colorado, unless both parties agree in writing to a different location. The arbitration award is enforceable as a judgment of any court having proper jurisdiction.